Friday, September 4, 2009

Where have I been?

So I have no idea if anyone even reads this blog but just in case someone does and has been wondering why I haven't posted anything in weeks it is because my babysitter quit and Justyn has been home with a broken toe and my life has been so hectic that I haven't had a moment to myself. Yeah Yeah Yeah. Maybe you care. Maybe you don't. I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who is overwhelmed with motherhood and all its responsibilities. How do moms do it all? I have no idea. It comes down to the day by day, moment by moment for me. I fall asleep exhausted at night and wake up to the sound of Alexarya either playing in her crib or crying in her crib and its go go go. Brush teeth, pee, warm the bottle and its upstairs to play. Alexarya, who has gotten her 13 hours sleep is rearing to go. ready to play. So happy and excited. Her smile inspires me out of my morning gloom. There is nothing greater than your kids smile. Am I right. They are so happy to get up, to start the new day and its uplifting. So we play. We bathe. We eat. We play. We get dressed and out the door to a day of Alexarya. Puppetonia, Little Gym, the park, the zoo, visiting family and it's fun. I chase her around and we laugh. She gets frustrated and throws herself on the floor now and I smile. She says "uh oh" and hold her hands up in suprise. I cherish every moment I can. Speaking only to my friends when I am in the car cause Alexarya never lets me talk other wise. We are inseperable. She's a great friend though and everyday she comes up with something new to amaze me. I recently read in a pareting magazine that you should never do chores when your baby is napping. So now I don't and its ade my day better. I try to spend my few moments alone dong something that makes me feel good. Meditating, reading, watching some tv or just sitting in silence. Now I leave all the toys on the floor, the clothes on the floor, the food on the floor and I just relax. Sometimes it for an hour, sometimes less, but its me time. Since Justyn has been home with his broken toe, though, that me time has been not so alone time, which is why I haven't blogged. And the 10 hours a week I used to have for me time when I had the sitter was over a month ago when my sitter quit so that me time was gone too, but after the longest and hardest search ever, I finally found a sitter. A GREAT sitter and I am so thrilled! She started today. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes. Anyway thanks for checking back in. I'll try to post more often now that Ihave more "me time

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had more of a community for support...Yes I read your blog. Motherhood is such a challenge and the greatest joy.
    Maybe we can get together soon. I think there are a lot of Mom's (myself included)looking for a social network in West New York!

    ReplyDelete