Thursday, May 14, 2009

Meditation Class




As some of you know I am a Buddhist and I study meditation in NYC at the Chakrasambara Buddhist center. I am studying in order to learn how to teach meditation and basic Buddhist teachings. I expect to be teaching in a few years; however, one of my fellow students, Miri, is going away for a few weeks and asked me to cover her class for her. So...I will be teaching a meditation class this Sunday in Jersey City. It will be the first time I am teaching and I'm pretty nervous so I can't promise it will be any good but I'm going to give it my best shot. I have no idea if any of you guys would be interested in coming but I thought I'd put the info out there just in case. I'll be teaching on "The power of intention"
I'd love to see you there.

Here's the info

Jersey City
11:30 - 1pm
$10 per class

New Series

Buddha's Guide to a Healthy Life

In his teaching on the three higher trainings, Buddha presented a comprehensive program for a healthy, happy, and meaningful life. In this series Miri will present us with Buddha's special recipe.


May 10 The Components of a Balanced and Healthy Life
May 17 The Power of Intention
May 24 Training 1: Skillful Action
May 31 Training 2: Meditation for Health
June 7 Training 3: A Life Guided by Wisdom



Meditation in Noho
New Location
Barrow Mansion
83 Wayne St
Jersey City, NJ 07302

Contact
Call (212)924-6706

Directions
5 minutes walking distance from Grove Street station. From New York City: Take PATH train to Grove Street Station. Exit station onto Grove Street. Walk straight down Christopher Columbus Drive to Barrow Street, turn left into Barrow Street. Turn right into Wayne Street. Barrow Mansion is the house with the white columns on the left.

1 comment: