Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What to do

I thought I'd just blog my feelings down cause I have all this nervous energy. Alexarya is sick. She threw up yesterday, has had a high fever and is laying around like a limp noodle. I have done everything a mommy can do. Believe me when I say everything I mean it. We have seen the Dr, talked today to the nurse, called all my mommy friends, family...etc and really there is nothing more I can do than just make sure she drinks fluids, has at least one wet diaper in 8 hours and give Tylenol every 4 hours..let her sleep, rub her head with a cool wash cloth, gice her cool baths, try to get her to eat a cracker now and again. So, we have just been laying on the couch watching word world and care bears all morning. I'm doing everything I can. So why do I still feel so helpless?? I don't think I have ever had a worse feeling in my life. I know she only has a virus or whatever it is, and I'm sure she will get better, but just seeing her laying there, arms all droopy, eyes half open. It rips my heart out. I can't even imagine what people do who have terminally ill children. I can't even imagine. As I write this I am thinking to myself that this is such a ridiculous post. I sound like some overprotective freaked out lady.. I was about to delete it but then I thought, maybe I'm not alone..Hope this helps someone else not feel alone too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh J!! I am pretty sure we've all felt alone and helpless as Mommies of sick babies. It's the worst feeling!! I'm glad you didn't delete the post b/c I am positive you're validating someone else's experience too. I hope Alexarya gets well soon and you're able to carry on. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine,

    We haven't met but I've received your emails to the mommy group. Sorry to hear Alexarya is not well. I hope she gets better soon. Take care, kg

    ReplyDelete