Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Drink Is In Order


Ha ha!
I saw this today and could relate...
Those who know me also know I rarely drink...but there is something about not being "allowed" to drink for almost two years now (2 pregnancies and nursing) that is making me want a drink, like, NOW. 
A couple of sips of champagne usually knock me out (and up) so I'm a lightweight by nature, too...but everytime Trav so much as grabs a beer out of the fridge I feel a pang of envy. 
Maybe it's because I'm not allowed to have one, maybe it's because I've had a drought, maybe it's because I need something to calm me down so I can relax and stop being so "mommy" all the time. 
Whatever it is, I'm asking my Doula to bring me some vodka and olives to the birth so I can celebrate before baby starts nursing. (Ok not really -- but a girl can dream can't she?)

No comments:

Post a Comment