Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Fare-the-Well, Friends!

It is with a heavy heart that I type my final post as a West NY Mommy.
Tonight is my last night here - our flight leaves at 11am tomorrow for Orlando.
While I am thrilled at the prospect of being close to my family and having a lighter financial load, I am conflicted because my friends and fellow Mommies here have made this community my home away-from-home.
I am so fortunate to have found such close, true friends here -- so lucky to have had the opportunity to share my experiences with you all. Thank you for making this move hard on me.
If it were easy to move away, I would feel like I made no impact on my community and that my time here was insignificant. 
I feel like, together, we created a mini-family of sisters and cousins who we could share with, count on, lean on, and enjoy the ups and downs of Motherhood with. I tend to envision us as a tribe or village of Moms. Knowing I played a small part in something so natural and beautiful makes me feel like I have accomplished something grand and important. 
As I've said to many of you in person, we will more than likely return once Kingston is a couple of months old -- if Trav's job leads us back here. If not, we'll be visiting family here from time to time so this isn't a "goodbye". Those of you close to us are more than welcome to come visit us in SUNNY Florida too!! :) I encourage it. 
Once I post my first entry on my new blog, I'll send the link to Justine so you can keep in touch.
Thank you, Justine, for maintaining the blog and doing such a wonderful job at keeping the Mommies going strong!
Lots of Love and Best of Luck to you all,
Azie *& Trav, Hunter, and Kingston*

No comments:

Post a Comment