Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ode to the Author

Azie, I just wanted to thank you and the whole transition team over there at apt 926. Over the past few months you and your crew have really packed this blog chock full of useful information. The culinary department, with it's first rate chefs, not to mention the highly skilled culinary photography and re-touch crews that managed to find and display refreshingly new reciepes each week. I will need the names of all the people on the research team, the internet search team and the "why it's worth your time" team. I have heard rumors that your stylist/professional typist is going to be following you down to Florida and I'm okay with that, as I would never really be able to pull of the whole, cutie pie dress, matching heels and perfect hair thing anyway. I'll see if Justyn will help me out with the typing when he has some down time. But enough about the transition I will work out all the details with your staff once you are gone.. What I do need to say is...THANK YOU. From the very bottom of my heart. This blog has effected my daily life in so many ways. It is because of it that I discovered many of the fun things Alexarya and I have done over the past year. It is because of your willingness to share your feeling about some very deep personal issues that I felt reassured that I was not the only one going crazy as a new mom. It is because of you that many of the Mommies of West New York found each other, rely on each other and have befriended each other. I know for me, personally, checking in and reading this blog made me feel like I was part of something, eventhough, i only read the entries, eventhough I didn't go to most of the events (lol), I still felt like I was connected to a whole community of wondeful mommies, all just trying their best to figure out how to survive their first borns first year. I loved looking at all the photos you would take of ALL the mommies and ALL the babies. Seeing all their faces made me feel like we were so many, and everyone was so familiar. I believe you helped pull this community together. You may say that you just wrote this blog to express how you felt and that it didn't reallt matter to you if people were reading it or not..well, maybe that's why it was so successful. It was real and true...just like you Azie...Thank you
I'm not sure how in the world I will be able to follow an act like this but I will give it my best try. And anyway, I'm just going to imagine you are out on maternity leave..The job will be yours again as soon as Trav gets a new job back here and you guys return...Till then I'll do my best; however, these girls will have to do without the recipe of the week as I only know how to cook 3 things...LOL
...All our love and best wishes to you, Trav, Hunter and Kingston...
Justine and all
The West New York Mommies

2 comments:

  1. J,
    You are making me cry all over my tea and doughnuts (healthy, right?)...
    Thank you for being such a true friend and for saying those sweet, thoughtful things.
    I can't wait to see how the blog continues to flourish with you as it's newest author.
    Love you!
    Az

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine, I just read your post and it was so beautiful!!! I wanted to cry too!! Thank you for thanking Azie for pulling us all together and for writing that for all of us in the mommies group! We'll miss u Azie!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete