Saturday, March 21, 2009

Polyvore

I'm sure most of you have seen this site ---> Polyvore <--- but for those who haven't, have I got a great time-warp for you! :)
I found it by happenstance...I was looking for yellow flats last year and a link in my search directed me to a Polyvore user's "set". 
Basically, you sign up for a free account and then "create sets". A set is a series of pictures that the program allows you to overlap and resize to create a new picture or collage. Mainly, it is used for fashion like in these sets below:
Roleplay: picnic date
Roleplay: picnic date - by Karine Minzon Wilson on Polyvore.com
However, there are some artistic-minded users who make "sets" in a more creative manner as shown here:
stuck in birds tree (For graziana )
stuck in birds tree (For graziana ) - by stylish_princess on Polyvore.com
I also saw a category for Interior Design, which I thought was really cool:
Untitled
Untitled - by ~*NiNi*~ on Polyvore.com
One of the best parts about this site is that each component of your over-laying picture is listed in your right side-bar for purchase (for example the pink pillow above is listed for $22 at wakeupfrankie.com) and there is a pic and link for each item making it easy for shoppers who see something they can't live without. 
I made my first set tonight but since I didn't have an account it was deleted before I could publish it. It wasn't that great anyway but I decided to create an account so if I wanted to dabble in the future, I could without the frustration of 15 minutes of work disappearing. 
It would be a cool idea for a special occasion "wish list" or just something to occupy your time at work when you're over searching your usual web haunts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment