Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quick & Delicious

This morning I was pressed for time -- actually Kingston was telling me if I didn't eat within 15 minutes there would be heck to pay -- so I got out my trusty waffle mix from the pantry.
Like most of us I prefer making homemade pancakes and waffles - however this mix has saved me many a Sunday morning. :)
The mix I used was the "complete" kind that just needs water added. I can totally taste the difference between homemade and mix-made so I decided to substitute the water with half buttermilk and half water to add a little flavor. I also added about 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts, and ground some cinnamon sticks into the mix. (Serve it with melted butter and hot maple syrup.) 
This made 2 Belgian-style waffles.
I should've taken a pic but we ate them so quickly when they came off the iron that I didn't have a chance!
The waffles were SOOO yummy and easy and Trav complimented the recipe. I wanted to share because sometimes we forget that we don't have to follow all the instructions on the package - us mommies are usually in auto-pilot mode. I also add applesauce and cinnamon-sugar to my pancake mix to spice things up a bit...or 1/2 cup of oats and 1 sliced banana tossed in a little maple syrup. 
Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment