Friday, March 20, 2009

Recipe of the Week - Easy Hummus


I'm trying to use up our pantry items before we move and I found a can of Garbanzo beans so I decided to make Hummus. I didn't have any Tahini (which is in the original recipe for Hummus) so I found this recipe instead:

INGREDIENTS 
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, liquid reserved
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS
1. In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients. Blend on low speed, gradually adding reserved bean liquid, until desired consistency is achieved. 

**Allow me to mention I added WAY more of everything (other than the beans) and tasted as I blended each time to suit my taste -- I prefer really robust flavor in my hummus. I served it luke-warm, drizzled olive oil, and sprinkled paprika on top. I heated up some Indian Naan bread (from Trader Joes frozen section) and also sliced a few celery stalks to dip as a healthy alternative. YUM!**

No comments:

Post a Comment