Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Approaching Birthday Season


It's nearly here -- the time of year that some of our Mommy friends celebrate their little one's First Year of life. While it makes me want to cry just thinking about it, I thought I'd lighten the load of looking for Birthday ideas by posting some here. If you have any to add, please email me. (However, I'm only posting about 1% of what's out there so please don't expect me to add every possible site and scenario to the list. :) Only ones that you 
highly recommend will be added.) 

Here are 10 invitation sites:

Here are 10 sites for parties (this may look familiar to those of you who received my email about this a couple of months ago):

Granted, at this point we could have a party at a McPlayPlace and our kids wouldn't know the difference...not that I would recommend it. Some of us have toyed with the idea of using the Clubhouse here and our test-run will be the Halloween party. Depending on how it goes, we may consider that as an option since our apartments aren't spacious enough for 20+ babies and their parents to gather. 

I know our side of the river isn't represented well in the list above...there are places close by as well. Hoboken has a few alternatives as does Jersey City (gag). You could always rent out a room somewhere or contact Puppetonia, Creative Little Monsters, Little Gym, Music Together, etc. for some ideas as well.
  

Weather permitting, Palisades Park has some beautiful views of Manhattan and shaded areas perfect for babes -- but most of us gave birth in the winter monthssssssss. Notice I made the word "months" super-plural. It's because winter lasts too long here. Take note of this, Mother Nature. I'd like more sunny days and less "wintry mix". Thanks.

Okay well I am out of cookies so I must've been blogging for entirely too long. I've been munching as I type and the news that I am out of cookies comes as a surprise to me. The box contained 45 and it was newly opened. Now I can't go to bed because otherwise this 15.6 oz box is going to stay on my hips. Great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment