Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Visit the South


For those of you who haven't ever traveled South of the Tri-State, I recommend a 4-day weekend in the Southern States.If you can get past the scary crosses that say "Blood Secured Redemption" you will find a whole new world awaits you.

A world of hospitality and friendliness, of greenery and winding roads, of interstate shoulders peppered with wildflowers, of down-home cookin' and cheap local crafts, of history and hauntings, of pride and family values...
The South has a special place in my heart and my history.
My Mom, Viking by heritage, was born and raised in the South so much of my upbringing was infused with Southern traditions. 
If you'd like some ideas of where to go, email me...because us Southerners don't get out much  ;)  and most of my traveling while I lived in FL was to Southern States and coastal towns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment