Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Might as Well Face it, I'm Addicted...

...To Boots!!
I can not tell you how many pairs I own.
Mainly because I don't think I can count that high. *Anyone with me here? Has talking baby-talk the past 7 months dumbed me down?*
I think my addiction stems from my Florida Habit ---> bikinis. I own over 60 of them. 
Granted, I wore them year-round down there. Now I have two under-the-bed storage containers FULL of bathing suits. I refuse to get rid of them. One day I may make a quilt. A scratchy, sequiny quilt. One that would be water-proof and stringy. 
So I've moved on to something I could never wear in Florida   ---> boots. 
I love 'em.
I find myself checking all the fashion blogs for new "releases". 
My addiction, lucky for Trav, does not necessarily include purchasing...it's more having to know every style offered. 

(In case there is a boot pop quiz one day or if someone asks me where they can find the latest ankle-bootie by Minnetonka. I will know where to send them. I won't let them down!)




So my Boot Quest has led me down a dark path -- down a path of never-ending Uggs and Emus that look ugly and feel comfy...

down a path of tattooed suede a la Heart and Soul or Ed Hardy...
down this season's trend of studs, fringe, and biker buckles...
and it has led me here:
Giuseppe Zanotti
HOTTTTTT booties!
On sale for $1195.00!
4" MIRRORED heels, ladies!
Lace-up!
Suede and patent leather, of course!
And I wonder to myself, "WHO wears these?" Not just "Who spends this much money on something ridiculously trendy?" but "WHO wears these?" Seriously.
 A mirrored heel? The only person who would need a mirror on their heel would be someone who can put their ankle up to their face to touch up their lipstick. So many thoughts come to my mind when I look at these dead-sexy but outrageous boots. 
The last thought I had was this -- since when did I start judging people on their shoes? Am I already that PTA mom? Can a woman not wear sex-pot shoes without me assuming she is what she wears? When will this transformation "from me to Mom" end? Save yourselves. I fear it's too late for me...
I was THISCLOSE to buying Crocs.

No comments:

Post a Comment