Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sunday at the Spa

Soooo, my sitter Allison *whom I adore* watched Hunter today for a few hours so I could get some dental work done. (Boo!)
I was in and out of the office quickly, mouth numb and dry, so I decided to treat myself with a mani-pedi. I went to Muse, my fave mini-spa this side of The River. Rebecca introduced me to it a few months ago and I am in love. Here's their site: Check it out
Since I was there, I decided to have them "clean up" my brows because I am trying to let them fill in before an event in two weeks but can't stand looking like a Muppet. I could seriously pass
 for the fourth Jonas Brother if I didn't maintain my coif and brows. 

As I lay in the waxing room I had an epiphany. Why don't we have a Sunday at the Spa Day for the Moms? I spoke with Judy, the owner of Muse, and she said they host parties frequently.
First off, the place is spacious and beautiful. Here are some pics I took with my iPhone today:
Secondly, we could bring some champagne and other goodies, leave the babies with our hubbies, and get pampered for a couple of hours one morning. 
Judy is willing to work with us and give us a discount -- I just need to tell her approximately how many of us there will be, etc.
Is anyone interested? I was thinking we could do it on Sunday, September 14th from 10am - noon. What do you think?
Today I got a mani-pedi ($35 total) and eyebrow wax ($10) -- they are reasonably priced for sure. 
The salon is contemporary and Manhattan-y. 
All of the stylists there are friendly. 
It's SUPER clean.
They offer nail services, pedicures, facials, waxing, etc.
They are even baby-friendly so if you decided to bring your little one with you it would be OK. I've taken Hunter there twice already. 
Best-of-all, their pedicure chairs give derriere massages!!! This alone makes the trip worthwhile for me. :)
They are located on Dempsey Road kind of across from Whole Foods so they are close and convenient. We could carpool since we won't have babes in tow. Well, other than us babes.
Lemme know if you're up for it and I'll get on the Planning Committee. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea - some of you may have already had the dubious pleasure of looking at how bad my porkies look!!! Excellent suggestion Az - count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Az, Excellent blog! I joined the group recently and would love to meet some of the other ladies. Count me in for the spa day. Thanks, kg

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!
    Muse is wonderful and Judy will DEFINITELY work with us....!!
    GREAT IDEA!!!
    count me in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a great idea. I am in desperate need for a manny and pedi!! Count me in!!

    ReplyDelete