Thursday, September 11, 2008

Convertible Car Seats





Many of us have children "of age" to purchase a new car seat...since it's been a hot topic lately, I decided to pull the latest Consumer Report chart...I will send it to all of you.
Regardless, the Britax Roundabout and the Evenflow Triumph were tied for highest safety rating of 81/100. The Cosco Alpha Omega Elite 22-155 was in 2nd place with a 80/100 score. The Britax Marathon, which is what I had been looking at, was rated in 3rd place with a 58/100.  
In comparison to the Baby Bargains recommendations, the Britax Roundabout was given an A, the Britax Marathon was given an A-, while the Evenflow Triumph was given a B. Baby Bargains rated the Britax Boulevard with a B only because of the steep price. Can you put a price on your baby's safety? 
The car seat companies seem to think so...
I also read EVERY rating on amazon.com and babiesrus.com -- whew! 
Still confused? :)
I know I am...it seems like such a close competition and I am sure that the top 3 seats are all extremely safe. 
I'm going to the stores soon to do a personal comparison...

No comments:

Post a Comment