Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blogging, Calendars, Emails

I've noticed recently that a few events have passed *such as Second Saturdays this past week* in which Mommies have said they'd attend and then they didn't show up. 
Since I intend for our events and Mommy Group to be casual, I am okay with the low attendance. As long as those of us who come enjoy themselves, I am happy! :)
However -- after those events, I've received some emails asking when those events were and why that particular person missed it.
Here's the thing: as much as I love organizing all that I can for our group -- I am not a Reminder Service or an Outlook Calendar. ;)  This isn't directed to any one person specifically, just a general announcement to the group so you know how committed I am to the blog.
I expect that if you are interested in an event, you take it upon yourself to read the blog or check the calendar or reference past emails regarding it. If you have questions, always feel free to email me. I'm usually available.
That being said, I've decided to cancel the Monday Belly-dancing until further notice. Unfortunately, it's a challenge to schedule timed classes with babies and I understand that. I came to the Dance Studio this week with Hunter and a radio, a blanket, toys, the CDs and hip-scarves and no one else showed. I took advantage of the studio and did my own belly-dance workout but it's just not worth it for me to haul everything over there without a guarantee that at least one other person will benefit from the class. So thanks everyone for the interest but until I get a student (or when Roni returns from Israel) the class will be removed from the calendar. Thanks for understanding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment